Anti-Inflammatory Chicken & Veg Soup
Chicken soup… it’s warm, hearty, comforting, healthy and good for almost everything! Now here’s a recipe that has a little added nutritious punch!
What you’ll need
- 500g chicken breasts, fat removed and chopped
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 1 medium red capsicum, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 large stalks of celery, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp parsley
- ½ tbsp turmeric
- ½ tbsp thyme
- Pinch of pepper and salt
* remember to wash all vegetables before cooking and eating them.
How to make!
- Cook chicken in a non-stick fry pan until tender, and set aside.
- Combine all vegetables except spinach), herbs and spices in a large pot and bring to the boil.
- Boil for approximately 5 minutes, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 15.
- Add chicken and allow to simmer for approximately 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir through spinach leaves and serve.