Festive Christmas Granola
(Or any time of the year that you feel like granola!)
Give the gift of health with my Festive Christmas Granola!
Mmm.. my kitchen smells seriously amazing right now! I’ve almost already demolished my own jar with just a spoon, no yoghurt or milk required!
The festive season is all about giving, and at this time of the year there is always a surplus of food around to over-indulge in. So I am balancing out the naughty gifts with some little healthy gifts; and you can too! This fresh batch of Festive Christmas Granola is ready to love the kitchens of all of my beautiful friends.
What you’ll need
- 3 cups traditional rolled oats
- 1 cup raw nuts (I like to use almonds and macadamia nuts)’¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup dried fruit (optional) I like to use sultanas, cranberries and sliced apricot
How to make!
- Preheat oven to 160’c.
- Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine all ingredients except dried fruit.
- Spread evenly over baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Stir after 15minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Stir in dried fruit once granola mixture has cool.