Gooey Salted Caramel Cookies
Salted caramel is such a hard flavour to mimic, especially when trying to create a healthy alternative. However I think I’ve managed to do it justice whilst creating a cookie that ticks all the boxes and is gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, vegan and absolutely delicious!!
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp Himalayan salt (1/2 tsp was not enough and 1 tsp was a little too salty)
How to make!
(Makes 12 cookies)
- Preheat oven to 180’c and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine ingredients into a food processor and blend until well combined.
- Roll into 12 even balls and place onto baking tray. Press flat using your hand or a fork.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes (depending on the level of inner gooeyness desired).