Roasted Pumpkin and Garlic Soup
A homemade favourite with a little twist – Roasted Pumpkin and Garlic Soup!
The recipe is simple, non-time consuming, won’t break the bank and who doesn’t love a good pumpkin soup?!
What you’ll need
- 2kg butternut pumpkin, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves (unpeeled)
- 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch salt and pepper
* If cream is desired, choose a reduced-fat option
How to make!
- Preheat oven to 200’C.
- Toss chopped pumpkin and garlic in a little olive oil, salt and pepper and place on baking tray/s lined with baking paper.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour or until pumpkin is golden and soft.
- Peel garlic cloves and combine with pumpkin and stock in a large pot, bowl or food processor.If in a pot or bowl, blend until smooth using a hand held mixer. Alternatively blend in food processor until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.