Healthy Bircher Muesli
When it’s not quite yet ‘warm oats for breakfast’ season! This bircher muesli is packed with loads of flavour and takes less than 10 minutes to make. Oh + some overnight soaking.
See below for gluten free and vegan options.
What you’ll need
- 1 cup rolled oats, soaked overnight
- 1 cup water or milk of choice (I recommend almond or coconut)
- 1 green apple, grated
- 1/4 cup of fresh berries of choice (I recommend strawberries)
- 2 tbsp greek yoghurt (I recommend chobani)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey, to serve
Vegan Option: exclude yoghurt and opt for maple syrup instead of honey.
Gluten Free Option: swap oats for quinoa flakes.
How to make!
- Soak oats in water or milk overnight.
- The next morning, mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl and top with maple syrup or honey.