Raw Strawberry & Chocolate Cheesecake
I couldn’t decide whether I wanted to make a strawberry cheesecake or a chocolate flavoured cheesecake, so I decided why not enjoy the best of both worlds! So here is a delicious, nutritious, vegan, gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free, AMAZING sweet treat! This recipe does take a little time, so make sure you set aside enough time to let each layer freeze.
What you’ll need
- 1 1/2 cups macadamia nuts
- 1 cup dates
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 3 cups cashews (soaked overnight)
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut cream
- The juice of one lemon
- ¼ cup natural maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
How to make!
- Place the Base ingredients into a food processor and blend until a consistent mixture is formed.
- Press evenly into the base of a cake tin and set in the freezer for approximately 15 minutes until firm.
- Clean the food processor and blend all the Filling ingredients except for the strawberries and the cacao powder.
- Once a thick creamy texture is formed, halve the mixture evenly. Add the strawberries to one half of the mixture, and the cacao powder to the other half of the mixture.
- Place the middle layer of choice (chocolate or strawberry) back into the food processor and blend until the mixture is again well combined. Set other half aside in the fridge.
- Pour mixture onto the base layer of the cake and set in the freezer for approximately 1-2 hours or until firm.
- Clean food processor and process blend the second half of the mixture. Pour on top of frozen layer and again set in freezer for another 1-2 hours or until cake is firm.
- Store in freezer and remove 10-15minutes before serving.